Helplines & Links
Where to get help
- Lifeline: 0800 543 354 (available 24/7)
- Suicide Crisis Helpline: 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO) (available 24/7)
- Youth services: (06) 3555 906
- Youthline: 0800 376 633
- Kidsline: 0800 543 754 (4pm to 6pm weekdays)
- Whatsup: 0800 942 8787 (1pm to 11pm)
- Depression helpline: 0800 111 757 (available 24/7)
- Rainbow Youth: (09) 376 4155
Stuff to Help you Feel Better :)
SPARX is a free online game designed by Auckland University to help you feel better.
A really useful website for finding out about depression. It’s factual and easy to navigate. The personal stories are honest, down-to-earth and inspiring.
The It Gets Better Project's mission is to communicate to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth around the world that it gets better, and to create and inspire the changes needed to make it better for them.
This website is great for young people who want to support a friend who has had an unwanted sexual experience.
A useful and informative website for those who feel their drug or alcohol use is getting out of control.
An important website dedicated to preventing family violence. It includes Helpline numbers for people in crisis or needing other support and information about help for kids who witness family violence.
Rainbow Youth is an organisation dedicated to providing information, education, support and advocacy to gay young people, their friends, family and whanau.