Uniform - Years 9-12
The Official Selwyn Uniform
The official Selwyn College uniform must be worn by all students in Years 9-12. Uniform items can be purchased from The School Uniform Centre, 553 Remuera Rd. See the list (right) for details and pricing. The shop opening hours are:
Monday to Friday: 8.30am - 5.00pm
Saturday: 10.00am - 1.00pm
Uniform items can also be purchased online from www.schooluniformcentre.co.
All items are dispatched at no extra charge.
Grooming Requirements - Year 13
Students in Year 13 may wear mufti to school. The standard of grooming must be appropriate for a co-educational school setting and have regard for safety in specialist classrooms. This means:
- No militaristic wear or items with metal studs or clothing that may be construed as violent
- No extreme visible body piercing
- No worn out or dirty clothing or clothing with pictures or writing that may offend e.g. references to alcohol, drugs, gangs, rude slogans etc
- No singlets, skimpy skirts or shorts or very low cut or strapless tops or tops which expose the midriff
- No caps, hats or sunglasses worn in class
- No bare feet. Shoes are required in the workshops
- No extreme hair designs and no unnatural hair colour