The Official Selwyn Uniform
The official Selwyn College uniform must be worn by all students in Years 9-12. Uniform items can be purchased from The School Uniform Centre, 553 Remuera Rd. See the list (right) for details and prices.
Shop Opening hours
- Monday to Friday: 8.30am – 5.00pm
- Saturday: 9am – 1pm
Items can also be purchased online from www.schooluniformcentre.co.
nz. All items are dispatched at no extra charge.
Grooming Requirements for Year 13 Students
Students in Year 13 may wear mufti at all times. The standard of grooming must be appropriate for a co-educational school setting and have regard for safety in specialist classrooms. This means:
- No militaristic wear or items with metal studs or clothing that may be construed as violent
- No extreme visible body piercing
- No worn out or dirty clothing or clothing with pictures or writing that may offend e.g. references to alcohol, drugs, gangs, rude slogans etc
- No singlets, skimpy skirts or shorts or very low cut or strapless tops or tops which expose the midriff
- No caps, hats or sunglasses worn in class
- No bare feet. Shoes are required in the workshops