Totara Learning Centre
Welcome to the Totara Learning Centre.
Our vision for students is to create a supportive, nurturing and fun environment that provides opportunities to help our young people to become confident, connected and actively involved lifelong learners.
The Selwyn College Totara Learning Centre provides opportunity and support for students with special needs. We endeavour to create an accepting, positive and nurturing atmosphere where all students enjoy friendship and a fun environment. Our philosophy is to provide inclusive mainstream based learning as far as is appropriate, managed from the safety of the Unit. We offer:Trained specialist teachers
- Teacher aide support in class
- Adapted curriculum if required
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Langauge Therapy
- Life skills programs if required
- Social skills programs if required
- Work experience
- Transition support from school to tertiary training